Sunday, February 18, 2007

The real world...

That's my reason for not riding much right now. I may not be there just yet but right now my main focus is doing well in school and looking ahead to my future in-yup that's right- the real world. Lately my schedule has been wake up, go to class, study, go to class, study, go to class, study, go to a meeting for a class, etc. Unfortunately this leaves very little time to ride the ol' two wheeler and as I said in the last entry- I'm pretty outta shape at the current time. But have no fear, I am by no means throwing the towel in on racing. Last year was lost, yeah I got over that but I do plan to make a re-appearence onto the "Michigan Scene" as they say. I think I'm just going to have to focus on the latter part of the season. I remember how pumped I was in '05 for the Spring Training Series to start up and how fit I was compared to '04, man I couldn't wait to race. I miss that.

I was digging through some old race pictures from the glory days as a mountain biker and my first road season and all that jazz. Man those were some fun times. I will never forget in 2004 after I had a good race at Cedar Creek, Tony told me that I earned the right to represent the team at Tour of Ohio. That trip was the most fun (and humbling) race trip I think I've had. Sure I crashed on the first AND second days and got dropped like a freakin rock on the 3rd day which was the "Queen Stage". I guess it was too much for my twice crashed 17 year old legs. The one thing that I remember through all of that was just how much fun I had. When I think about all that, I just take the time to realize how much I truly love the sport of bicycle racing. You know, its just about the love of the competition and pure beauty of going toe to toe with your friends and seeing who comes out on top. I love this sport- I always will.

The Tour of California starts today and I'm pretty excited about that. I love it when big dudes come over and race with the domestic pros. Even more exciting is the fact that two friends that I grew up racing with are getting the chance to race. Scott and I raced mountain bikes together since the very first year I ever started a race. He's always been an awesome person to hang out with at races and we've gotten to know eachother pretty well over the years. I couldn't be happier for him. I first met Brent when he was racing with my older brother off and on the road. He's a really cool guy to be around and race with. I'm even more excited to follow the race with those two guys in there. Congrats guys.

Well its NBA all-star weekend and I better get some homework done if I am to be able to watch the game tonight. Go EAST. Lata gata

2 Comments:

Blogger the MICHIGANSCENE said...

your friends are waiting.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Glad to know you are feeling a lot better. Remember, school first.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home