Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Today is a great day. I mean every day is a great day but today is just... gravy... yeah I said gravy.

Tomorrow I leave for Colorado to do some skiing and boarding with my padre and all the rest of the family out there. I'm super excited, they've been getting quite a bit of snow as of late so it'll be an awesome time. I'll try to take more pictures this time. It just so happens that the Pistons have an away game in Denver on the 9th and its looking pretty likely that we will be attending. That would make the trip in itself.

Levi wrapped up the Tour of California the other day. The battle for the yellow shirt wasn't too terribly exciting but it was still a good race. Its kind of tough to have a stage race of that caliber in February. You never really know where people's form is. The online coverage awesome and it was also televised so that's pretty sweet. Its fun to see guys like Basso and Bettini racing in the states.

Well, my favorite band (OAR) was supposed to play a show in Kalamazoo on their current tour and the show was cancelled the other day so I'm pretty bummed about that. My friend Rose knows the drummer's aunt so we were getting some free tickets and dinner with the band after wards so I was way pumped about that. Unfortunately the campus activities board eff'd it up so its not going to work out but hopefully I'll get to see them in Chicago instead. They played a show on their last tour at the Garden in NYC and they're making a DVD/CD of it and I got a sneak preview of it today. Lets just say that its nothing short of amazing.

Also in the music area... My tickets for the Dispatch concert in New York City came in the mail. I can't even fathom how spectacular that day will be. If you don't know them, Dispatch is an indy band that broke up in '04 and they're playing a reunion concert at Madison Square Garden this summer with 100% proceeds going to charity. Their free break up concert in Boston drew 110,000 people- the biggest concert in independent music history. They're just three guys that are so incredibly talented its mind boggelling.

Well I have a basketball game to play in a little bit and I also have to get all my shit together to leave tomorrow so I'm off.

Later gator.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

That sounds very cool.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home